Leaders Of U.S. Options Marketplace To Gather For 20TH Annual Options Industry Conference, May 2-4 Evolving Market Structures, Market Maker Consolidation, Internalization To Highlight Discussions
Chicago—April 17, 2002
Top executives from the U.S. options industry will discuss critical issues facing their marketplace when they gather for the 20th Annual Options Industry Conference. The conference is scheduled for May 2-4, at La Quinta Resort and Club near Palm Springs, Calif.
Anticipated highlights of the conference include:
- Panel discussions on Evolving Market Structures, Market Maker Consolidation and Internalization
- Securities and Exchange Commission Update by Annette Nazareth, Director, Division of Market Regulation
- Keynote Address: "Our Vision of Ourselves: Cloning, Genetics, and the Media," by Paul Root Wolpe, Senior Fellow of the Center of Bioethics at the University of Pennsylvania
- "A Vision of the Future" panel discussion, featuring Chief Executive Officers from the five U.S. options exchanges
- Presentation of the First Annual Recognition Award for Contributions to the Options Industry
- Update on the 10-Year Anniversary and accomplishments of The Options Industry Council, a non-profit educational organization funded by the U.S. options exchanges and The Options Clearing Corporation
The 20th Annual Options Industry Conference is being hosted by the Pacific Exchange, and jointly sponsored by the American Stock Exchange, the Chicago Board Options Exchange, the International Securities Exchange and the Philadelphia Stock Exchange.
"Fundamental developments are significantly impacting the structure of markets, the operations of participant firms, and the exchanges themselves," said Phil DeFeo, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Pacific Exchange. "Our agenda for this year's conference was organized to examine and debate the immediate and long-term implications of these changes."
Registration for the conference is $720 for industry participants. Registration information is available at www.optionsindustryconference.com.
Sponsorship and Exhibit Opportunities
Organizations interested in sponsoring activities or exhibiting at this year's conference can obtain more information at www.optionsindustryconference.com or by contacting email@example.com.
OIC is a non-profit association funded by the American Stock Exchange, Chicago Board Options Exchange, International Securities Exchange, Pacific Exchange, Philadelphia Stock Exchange and The Options Clearing Corporation. In 2002, OIC is celebrating its 10-year anniversary of providing investors and brokers options education. OIC's resources include: The Options Industry Services call center at 1-888-OPTIONS, an educational Web site at www.888options.com, evening seminars throughout the continental United States and Canada, instructional videos and educational literature and software.
REGISTER FOR THE OPTIONS
- Free, unbiased options education
- Learn in-person and online
- Advance at your own pace