- BOX News
Leap Into Spring With New Investment Skills: Options Industry Council Announces Spring Seminar Schedule
Chicago—April 4, 2002
Investors and brokers interested in learning more about equity options can look to The Options Industry Council (OIC) as a resource. OIC announced today its spring schedule of options seminars, taught by exchange professionals in a classroom-style format. The seminars take place in select cities in the U.S. and Canada from 6-9 p.m. and there is no cost to attend.
Spring classes will be held in the following cities from April 9 through June 6: Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, Long Island, Los Angeles, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, NY Downtown, Phoenix, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco, St. Louis and Toronto.
"For the first three months of this year, OIC has seen seminar registrations increase 27 percent and seminar attendance increase 15 percent as compared to last year. OIC is encouraged by these numbers and believes that OIC's free evening seminars present an opportunity to learn the gamut of options investing from basic terminology, options strategies to concepts on managing an options portfolio," said Paul Stevens, President, OIC.
Investors and brokers interested in attending the seminars can obtain a detailed schedule of the dates and locations, as well as register for the seminars, through the OIC Web site at www.888options.com or by calling 1-888-OPTIONS. Seminars include:
- Basic Seminar - Options Strategies for Stock Investors. Teaches options terminology and mechanics, options strategies and symbology and introduces Long Term Equity AnticiPation Securities® (LEAPS).
- Intermediate Seminar - Practical Strategy Applications Utilizing Educational Software. A follow-up to the basic/intermediate seminar which provides insight on managing an options portfolio. This workshop briefly reviews options basics, and provides more in-depth instruction on pricing, strategies for different markets and methods for managing options positions.
OIC is a non-profit association funded by the American Stock Exchange, Chicago Board Options Exchange, International Securities Exchange, Pacific Exchange, Philadelphia Stock Exchange and The Options Clearing Corporation. In 2002, OIC is celebrating its 10-year anniversary of providing investors and brokers options education. OIC's resources include: The Options Industry Services call center at 1-888-OPTIONS, an educational Web site at www.888options.com, evening seminars throughout the continental United States and Canada, instructional videos and educational literature and software.
REGISTER FOR THE OPTIONS
- Free, unbiased options education
- Learn in-person and online
- Advance at your own pace
- No active seminars or events!