- BOX News
Back To School For Investors: Options Industry Council Announces Fall Seminar Schedule
Chicago—September 6, 2000
The Options Industry Council (OIC) today announced its "back to school" fall schedule of options seminars for investors and brokers. The seminars, which are taught by exchange professionals in a classroom-style format, run from 6-9 p.m. in selected cities in the U.S. and Canada. There is no cost to attend.
Fall classes will be held in the following cities from September through November: Hartford, Conn.; Philadelphia; Boston; Stamford, Conn.; Cleveland; Detroit; New York; Baltimore; Washington, D.C.; Montreal; Toronto; Seattle; Chicago; San Jose, Calif.; Omaha, Neb.; Kansas City, Mo.; St. Louis; Greenwich, CT; Sacramento, Calif.; Parsipanny, N.J.; and Philadelphia.*
"More and more investors are interested in learning about options, which is evident by the continuous growth of the market," said Paul Stevens, OIC President. "OIC's free seminars provide a good educational foundation for investors of all levels, so they can make informed decisions."
Those interested in attending can register through the OIC Web site at optionscentral.com or by calling 1-888-OPTIONS. Seminar levels include:
- Basic/Intermediate seminar: Teaches options terminology and mechanics, options strategies and pricing, and basics on Long Term Equity AnticiPation Securities® (LEAPS).
- Practical Application Workshop: A follow-up to the basic/intermediate seminar which provides insight on managing an options portfolio. This workshop briefly reviews options basics, and provides more in-depth instruction on pricing, strategies for different markets and methods for managing options positions.
- LEAPs: Discusses the fundamentals of options through a review of options basics and then focuses on the use of LEAPS strategies.
The Options Industry Council is a non-profit organization founded in 1992 by the nation's options exchanges to provide investor education about equity options. Today, its members include the American Stock Exchange, Chicago Board Options Exchange, Pacific Exchange, Philadelphia Stock Exchange and the Options Clearing Corporation. OIC's free educational programs include: an educational Web site at www.optionscentral.com, evening seminars throughout the continental United States and Canada, instructional videos, educational brochures and interactive software. More information on these resources is available by visiting the Web site or calling 1-888-options.
*Note to editors: A complete schedule of fall classes is available online.
Register by calling 1-888-OPTIONS or register online.
REGISTER FOR THE OPTIONS
- Free, unbiased options education
- Learn in-person and online
- Advance at your own pace