OIC, MarketWise Announce Upcoming Kuala Lumpur, Singapore Seminars "Options for the Thinking Investor"
Chicago—September 16, 2004
The Options Industry Council (OIC) announced today that in October it will be participating in a series of live seminars, "Options for The Thinking Investor," hosted by the Singapore-based MarketWise Investors (MarketWise) in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Singapore.
The following seminars will be held from 8-5 p.m.:
- The inaugural seminars for Kuala Lumpur will be held on October 16 and October 17 at The Legend Hotel, Kuala Lumpur. Investors may attend a free sneak preview of the program on Sept. 20 - 22 at either 1 p.m. or 7 p.m. at The Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel (Legend Grand Ballroom).
- The Singapore seminars will be held on October 23 and October 24 at the Hotel Otani Singaore (Phoenix Ballroom). Investors may attend a free sneak preview of the program on September 23 - 24 at either 1 p.m. or 7 p.m. or September 25 at either 10 a.m. or 2 p.m. at the Suntec Convention Centre (Auditorium Level 3).
Pre-registration is required at http://www.marketwiseinvestors.com/.
The curriculum for the seminars includes the following topics:
- Learning options trading techniques, and conservative and aggressive strategies
- Understanding the dynamics of options pricing and how to profit from them
- Using market timing indicators
- Step by step methods for choosing the right stocks and the perfect strategies for trading them.
- Developing a two step thinking process
- Index Options and LEAPs®: What they are, how to use them and when to use them with different strategies
- Leveraging volatility and time decay
- Managing positions
Jim Bittman, OIC Instructor and Senior Staff Instructor, The Options Institute, Chicago Board Options Exchange, will teach the October seminars. Bittman is the author of two books: Options for the Stock Investor and Trading Index Options. He is also the recipient of the Traders Library Hall of Fame Award for 2003. In addition, Tom Sosnoff, founder of ThinkorSwim, will be a guest speaker at these seminars.
"Based on the resounding success received from our seminars, we are confident that our program, combined with top quality OIC instructors and a unique accelerated learning process, will be well received in other parts of Asia," said Melissa Yap, CEO, MarketWise. "Ultimately, it is about helping investors discover the right combination of style, timing and market exposure to meet their investment objectives and lifestyle."
"We're looking forward to expanding our seminars to Malaysia and continuing our seminars in Singapore, where we've educated over 2500 investors," said Gina McFadden, Executive Director, OIC. "OIC and MarketWise remain committed to educating investors on a global level about this diverse and flexible financial product."
For more information about the seminars and registration, please visit MarketWise's Web site at http://www.marketwiseinvestors.com.
OIC is a non-profit association funded by the U.S. options exchanges and The Options Clearing Corporation. OIC's free resources include: The Investor Services call center at 1-888-OPTIONS in the U.S and 1-312-463-6193 for international calls, and an educational Web site at www.888options.com, which includes downloads for educational literature and software
MarketWise Investors is a provider of financial education to investment professionals and private investors in Asia. Established in 2001, the company aims to provide a comprehensive curriculum of educational programs for Asian investors through best-of-breed products, services and learning technologies.
The Options Industry Council - U.S.
Marketwise - Singapore
REGISTER FOR THE OPTIONS
- Free, unbiased options education
- Learn in-person and online
- Advance at your own pace