Your access to or use of The Options Industry Council's (OIC) website or mobile application constitutes your agreement to the following terms and conditions:
- No Recommendation. OIC's website and mobile application are intended to educate investors about U.S. exchange-listed options issued by The Options Clearing Corporation. No statement in this website and mobile application is to be construed as furnishing investment advice or being a recommendation, solicitation or offer to buy or sell any option or any other security. Options involve risk and are not suitable for all investors.
Prior to buying or selling an option, a person must receive a copy of Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options (PDF). Copies of this document may be obtained from your broker or from any exchange on which options are traded. An informational copy of this document may accompany materials requested from OIC, and is also available from OIC's website and mobile application.
- Disclaimers of Warranties and Liability
THERE MAY BE OMISSIONS OR INACCURACIES ON THIS WEBSITE OR MOBILE APPLICATION, AND YOUR ABILITY TO ACCESS THIS WEBSITE OR MOBILE APPLICATION MAY, FROM TIME TO TIME, BE DELAYED AND/OR INTERRUPTED DUE TO SCHEDULED AND/OR UNSCHEDULED CAUSES. THIS WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. OIC MAKES NO EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY REGARDING THIS WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, OIC SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF THIS WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION, AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ARISING FROM CUSTOM OR USAGE OR BY OPERATION OF LAW.
OIC ACCEPTS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN, OR THE CONSEQUENCE OF RELYING OR ACTING UPON, INFORMATION AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION OR ANY THIRD PARTY SITE ACCESSED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION. ANY RISK OF VIRUSES OR OTHER FORMS OF ELECTRONIC CONTAMINATION REMAINS, AT ALL TIMES, WITH THE USER OF THIS WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION. OIC HAS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS OR THE CONSEQUENCE OF RELYING OR ACTING ON INFORMATION AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION OR ANY SITES AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION.
IN NO EVENT WILL OIC BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIMS FOR DAMAGES (INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES), EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THIS WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION.
- Links and Third party content. This website and mobile application provides links to other websites. These links are provided for convenience and informational purposes only, and not for purposes of making any endorsement or recommendation. You should be aware that when you select a link on the OIC website or mobile application, you may be leaving the website or mobile application. The information available on other websites may have certain restrictions on its use or distribution. Users should make themselves aware of such restrictions. OIC is not responsible for, nor has it developed or reviewed, the content of those sites, and does not make any warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, usefulness or timeliness of such information. In addition to links, other third party content may be available on this website or mobile application. The views expressed are solely those of the author of the article, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the OIC; the information presented is not intended to constitute investment advice or recommendations to purchase, sell or hold securities of any company, but is intended to educate website and mobile application users concerning the use of options, and the information presented is based on particular events that may or may not recur in the future.
- Proprietary Interests. Information available on this website and mobile application is owned, licensed or controlled by OIC or third parties who have permitted OIC to hypertext link or frame information from their sites. All trademarks, copyrights, trade names, service marks, logos or other identifying feature used on this website or mobile application are property of their respective owners. Information may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose. Information may be viewed and printed for personal, non-commercial purpose. Any unauthorized use may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity and communications regulations and statutes.
OIC does not permit unauthorized linking to or framing of this website or mobile application. Any third party interested in creating a link or framing content from this website or mobile application is required to submit a signed Linking, Framing and Content Sharing Agreement setting forth the terms and conditions by which such activities are allowed. OIC reserves the right to refuse to agree to any such request, and also reserves the right to disable any unauthorized link to or framing of this website or mobile application. OIC does not accept any responsibility for information available through any other website as a result of any unauthorized linking or framing activity.
- User Obligations. Any person accessing or using this website or mobile application has the following obligations: (a) to provide accurate information; (b) to comply with all applicable laws and regulations; (c) not to introduce into this website or mobile application, or any network or equipment supporting it, any virus, worm, harmful code, Trojan horse, or other disabling device, (d) not to attempt to interfere with or disrupt the website or mobile application, or any network, and/or other equipment supporting it; (e) not to attempt to gain improper access to or otherwise interfere with any system or network connected to the website or mobile application; and (f) not to use the website or mobile application to send or otherwise distribute junk mail, spam, chain letters, or other unsolicited materials for mass distribution. Any violation of these obligations is grounds for denying a user access to and use of this website or mobile application, in addition to any other available remedies.
- Indemnification. User agrees to indemnify and hold harmless OIC and its affiliates and their officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all claims and losses imposed on, incurred by or asserted as a result of or related to: (a) any noncompliance by user with the terms and conditions hereof; or (b) any third-party actions related to user's receipt and use of the information, whether authorized or unauthorized.
- General. OIC uses software programs and other tools to monitor traffic on this website and mobile application to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage to the integrity of the website or mobile application. OIC reserves the right to terminate access to this website or mobile application, with or without notice, either generally or with respect to one or more particular IP addresses or Internet sites. OIC reserves the right to pursue all available remedies for any violation of these terms and conditions. If any clause of this User Agreement is declared invalid, that clause shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder. These terms shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois without regard to its conflict of law provisions, and User agrees to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within Cook County, Illinois.
- Imagery. Certain images provided and copyright in them is retained by veer.com.