Options Strategy Builders
The Options Industry Council is providing the free Options Strategy Builders for educational purposes only. They are offered as aides to assist interested parties in learning about option strategies. This functionality is not designed to be used as the basis for any investment or risk management decisions. Options quotes are delayed and OIC makes no representation as to the timeliness, accuracy or validity of the information. This information should not be construed as a recommendation to purchase or sell a security, or to provide investment advice. Prior to buying or selling an option, a person must receive a copy of Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options. Copies of this document may be obtained from your broker, from any exchange on which options are traded or by contacting The Options Clearing Corporation, 125 S. Franklin Street, Suite 1200, Chicago, IL 60606.
How to build a strategy:
- Go to the "Select Strategy" drop-down menu and choose one of the strategies that's listed.
- In the "Type to search" box, enter the symbol or name of a stock or ETF.
- Set the expiration date you want by sliding or clicking on the bar in the Strategy duration section.
- Click the "Build … Strategy" button to display your potential results.
- When the chart appears, you'll see default levels, but you can experiment by dragging the icon(s) with the strike price(s) up or down.
- For more details on your strategy, click the "SHOW OPTION POSITIONS" button below the price and income information or the "HOW IT WORKS" button on the chart.
Need more information on the Options Strategy Builders? We have got you covered. Visit the User Guide for more information on how to use the tool.